Quick Egg Muffins
Looking for a quick snack or on-the-go breakfast that's high in protein and GF, SF, DF and paleo?
These little egg ‘muffins’ or mini faux quiches are super quick and easy to make and you can adapt the recipe to use what you have in your fridge
I’m sharing the recipe for the egg muffins in the pics, but this really just a guideline. You can adapt this recipe however you wish.
RECIPE (makes 8):
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- salt, pepper, herbs (whatever works for you, I also add a pinch of xylitol)
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup full of chopped baby spinach
- Handful of chopped spring onion
- Whisk the eggs and milk with your seasoning, then add everything else and mix.
- Grease your muffin tin and pour in the mixture
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 180 °C.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN:
You can basically add any veggies and also add more eggs to make more ‘muffins’.
My favourite hack is to use leftover roast veggies (butternut, baby marrow, peppers, onion).
For the dairy eaters, you can also add cheese or feta to take it to a whole different level!